Monday, November 29, 2004

Re: Quantum Computing??

Quantum mechanics applies in the microscopic world. You can't substitute cats and coloured balls for electrons... it just doesn't work that way.

I don't know about qubits; I won't comment on them. But don't generalise your thoughts about the qubit to quantum mechanics. The biggest success for quantum mechanics lies in the fact that it agrees with experiment. I don't think I need to say anything further; and if agreement with experiment isn't sufficient to convince some people about the correctness of a theory, I don't give a damn.

And btw, if you don't know much about a subject and there's some genius who's spent his entire life studying it, it would be rational to actually listen to that guy...
I may not have a degree in physics, but I'm not going to sit quivering over whatever the great minds tell me. I think for myself and do believe that physics concepts should be and could be explained to the average joe.

lol!

No comments: